Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Hunkydory Scrap Christmas Card

One of the sets from the Hunkydory Christmas Cuddles Luxury Card Pack ("Winter Wonderpants") had  just a few elements left over - two 1 1/2 inch square embellishments and a tiny circle.  I decided to see what I could come up with using those 3 elements.  

As you can see, I decided to use six red squares on a white embossed background (matted in red before being adhered to the front of my card).  I put the Hunkydory elements in the center of 3 of the red squares and started looking through my dies to see what I could add for the others.  

I found a cute Christmas tree (cut/embossed from green suede paper - die is from Evergreen Pivot Card die from Elizabeth Crafts), a stocking (cut/embossed from white glimmer paper, then dots colored with red Smooch ink & package in the top colored with silver - die came with a card making magazine), and the word "joy" (die from Art Impressions - "Place Card Pals" - cut from white glimmer paper AND white sticky-backed foam sheet & glued together).

After adding those, I decided some of the squares needed a bit of additional help - especially the little round Hunkydory piece.  First, I embossed all, except the ones behind the two larger Hunkydory elements, with a Cuttlebug folder called "Swiss Dots".  Next, I found a leftover Hunkydory frame and started cutting it up.  I framed the square that had the round piece & turned it on end to form a diamond.  Then I created borders on the sides of the two neighboring pieces. 

All squares were adhered directly to the card, but the diamond one was added with foam tape.

The inside was a simple sentiment on a border.  The border strip came from the set, the sentiment from an "Essential book" of Christmas greetings (also Hunkydory).

No comments: