Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, October 15, 2018

Revisiting a Background Stamp

Several years ago I experimented with this background stamp from JustRite.  You can read about one of my cards made with it here.  At that same time I stamped and colored this background.  I know I stamped with VersaMark and embossed with fine black powder, but I can't remember how I colored it.  I'm guessing that much of it was done with gel pens & a Dove blender pen like the other one was.  After being colored, it just got put in my drawer as a topper since I wasn't sure what occasion I wanted it for.   It stayed there for several years until I was looking today for something that would work for a quick sympathy card.  

I decided I wanted to frame it with silver & wanted to die-cut my sentiment with the same silver - but it didn't fit the "tag" spot on the background.  So, I created the sentiment you see here.  It was done by taking a rectangle & die cutting the word out of it.  I glued that to a piece of white cardstock & glued on any "innies" that had been cut with the die.  Next, I die cut the sentiment from a piece of sticky-backed fun foam and then glued the original sentiment to that before carefully putting it back in place. (Sympathy die was from Our Daily Bread Designs, Rectangle dies were from a set called "Stiched Rectangles - dots and stars" by Crafti Potential). That gave me a lovely embossed look that is very striking in real life.  I didn't have the patience to pierce all the way around the sentiment, but did pierce the short edges to help it look like it went with the the pierced frame.

I didn't want to feel like my sentiment was covering my flowers, though, so I cut around them with my craft knife so they could overlap the sentiment.  I did this at the top of the frame as well.  After adding a ribbon/bow, I glued the whole thing to my card front.  

For the inside, I started with the piece that had been cut out of the frame and cut a smaller frame using a smaller die.    I printed my message on some pink vellum (erased it for this picture since it was personal) and framed it with this smaller piece of silver.  I finished it off with some stamped/die cut pieces from Hot Off the Press that I colored with Zig pens & clear Wink of Stella.


No comments: