Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, May 28, 2016

What's Cookin'


I'm finding it interesting to see how many "secular" supplies from my stash find their way into my journaling Bible.  This quick little "snippet" uses HOTP Dazzles from a scrapbooking set - the "What's Cookin'" and the kettle (spiritual discussion here).  As you can probably see, I also used my Scroll & Brush marker to write "Time Management".  The aqua - both inside the pot & "Time" and the word at the bottom is a watercolor pencil - blended with Wink of Stella.

What you DON'T see is that I had written something on this section of the page that I decided I didn't like.  So, even though I didn't prep the page with gesso, I did use some white gesso to cover what I didn't want, before adding my final lettering. (I used several thin coats.  I find it usually takes about 5 thin coats (drying between each with heat tool) to cover what I want covered.

No comments: