This page is the first I've done using acrylic paint (spiritual discussion here). I didn't prep the page, though the paint probably could be seen as page prep as it probably wouldn't let much bleed through. It's a bit hard to tell in the picture, but the pain is a pearlescent paint that I've had in my stash for some time.
I applied the acrylic paint with a foam brush about 1" wide. I started out just putting the color in the margin, but after I saw how well I could see the "header" words at the top of the page, I decided to just cover the bulk of the page with it. The words are still VERY visible, and though you can see a bit of darkening of the page from the other side (shadowing) there is NO bleed through of the paint.
The lettering was made using stickers from my stash. The flowers came with them so coordinate well. I added a few stems & vines with my Scroll & brush markers. I then outlined the letters with my Millennium pen and added a couple more words with it. That's it! A very quick & easy page.