Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, May 29, 2016

One Hand Full


This page is the first I've done using acrylic paint (spiritual discussion here).  I didn't prep the page, though the paint probably could be seen as page prep as it probably wouldn't let much bleed through.  It's a bit hard to tell in the picture, but the paint is a pearlescent paint that I've had in my stash for some time.  

I applied the acrylic paint with a foam brush about 1" wide.  I started out just putting the color in the margin, but after I saw how well I could see the "header" words at the top of the page, I decided to just cover the bulk of the page with it.  The words are still VERY visible, and though you can see a bit of darkening of the page from the other side (shadowing) there is NO bleed through of the paint.

The lettering was made using stickers from my stash.  The flowers came with them so coordinate well.  I added a few stems & vines with my Scroll & brush markers.  I then outlined the letters with my Millennium pen and added a couple more words with it. That's it!  A very quick & easy page.

No comments: