Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, May 10, 2016

That They May Be One


Today's page was once again inspired by a challenge on the PWMB - this time for National Scrapbooking Day. I had expected to be making a regular scrapbook page, so imagine my surprise when I read that what I had chosen for my "pick and create" challenge meant that I would be making something OTHER than a traditional scrapbook page!  As I thought about what I could do, I remembered that I'd been wanting to make a page about our wedding for my Bible and this was the perfect opportunity! (To read more about what this page means to me, you can check my inspiration blog here.)  

These are the steps I took to make this page:
  1. Print photo and journaling - I started by creating a page in my photo editing software that had our wedding picture, the focal verse, and date of the wedding.  I printed this out on a plain piece of vellum.
  2. Add background color using a swirly template: Before adding the background color, I masked my photo with a piece of paper cut to the same size to protect it from stray ink.  Then I pulled out my "All Over Swirls" stencil from HOTP and applied "Broken China" Distress ink to the page using the mini foam applicator from Ranger & a pouncing motion.
  3. Add glittery sticker frame: I used Jewel Dazzle Border stickers to create the sparkly silver frame around the photo.
  4. Add paper pieced flowers: You can't see it real well, but I cut a piece of foil paper in a somewhat oval shape with a die from Spellbinder's Damask Accents set to serve as a foundation for the bouquet in the lower left corner - adds a bit more sparkle & glitz.  I used some of the Flower Frenzy dies (HOTP) to cut the flowers and leaves, and a paper punch to punch the yellow centers.  While I didn't do this for all them, it's easiest to cut from material that has a sticky back so you don't have to worry about adhesive to add them to the page.  So for some of these I added a small piece of thin double-sided adhesive sheet to the back of the paper before cutting/punching it.  But some of it I just glued in place using cosmic shimmer glue (works great as it has a small applicator tip).  I chose to create flowers that were reminiscent of the blue and white daisies that I carried in my bouquet. In addition to paper piecing them the different colors, I added some pen work with Bic permanent markers to give them more detail and depth. 
That was pretty much it.  I highlighted the text on the page and in person you can see it through the vellum (in the photo, the text you see through the paper mostly just looks like lines on the added page).  Oh yes, I added the page to my Bible using zip adhesive.  I got that idea from Rebekah Jones and it has worked well for the two pages I've added so far.

1 comment:

Becca Sadler said...

Cheryl: What a wonderful idea for entry in your Bible art journaling! The vellum creates a wonderful background AND insert for your Bible. I love that you replicated the same colors as your bouquet. Your entry insert is a beautiful way too to pay tribute to your 38 years of wedded bliss!!!!