Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Sympathy Stamp & Die Cut


I much prefer to have sympathy cards made ahead - gives me more time to make them nice.  But we don't always have that luxury.  Such was the case with this card.

In this case I started with a lovely green marbled paper from HOTP.   I wanted to use my new HOTP stamps (greetings & labels) & matching dies (6 layered labels), so chose these. 

As you can see, I inked the edges of the background paper.

For the sentiment, I first cut two labels using one of the HOTP label dies - one in white & one in the marbled green. I then stamped the frame and sentiment in green ink on the green marbled paper and embossed them with clear powder.  I then took the thin border from the white & substituted it in place of the thin border of the marbled green.  This went over a piece cut from green suede paper with a Spellbinder's Labels 4 die.  Before I layered them, however, I cut a layered flower piece from the center of the green suede where the missing part would not be seen.  

The "ribbon" is another strip of the suede.  The large white flower was cut and embossed using Spellbinder's Poinsettia die.  The next layer (dark green flower) is the one I cut from the suede paper.  The smallest is one I had in my stash.  The leaves were cut from glimmer paper (using the leaf die from Spellbinders Rose Creations) and rolled through a corrugator as described in this post.  It probably would have been better to use 3 leaves, but I already had these two prepared in my stash and didn't really have the time to make a third. 

I wanted a bit more white on the card, so pulled out some white Dazzles stickers to add a few embellishments.

1 comment:

Becca Sadler said...

Beautifully coordinated, Cheryl! Excellent. I even like how well the font style of the sentiment matches the focal piece.

Bittersweet that this is a sympathy card. Your caring nature has spurred your creativeness to achieve a wonderfully crafted card.