Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, May 10, 2014

Purple Birthday

I needed to make a quick birthday card for someone who loves purple, so I started with one of my pre-made focals and put this together quickly. The border stamps (Grateful Heart) and dies (Vintage Labels Two) for the focal were from JustRite and the Rose was a small stamp from HOTP.  I colored the roses with gel pens.  I've gotten several sets of papers free with a card making magazine and wanted to use them up - so that's where the background paper came from.

The sentiment was made using a new set from HOTP - dies (6 Layered Labels and 2 Swirls) and matching stamps (Greetings and Labels).  NICE!  I cut and embossed the tag in the purple and then stamped the sentiment with embossing ink and heat embossed in black. 

The inside could be the front of another card!  It too started with one of my pre-made focals - once again using dies & stamps from JustRite.  I cut and embossed a white mat for it and then colored the outer edge with a black sharpie!
The border is cut and embossed with the border from Spellbinders "Fleur De Lis Accents" set.  I backed it with black paper and fussy cut the top edge.

2 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Beautiful card! Love the color too.

Becca Sadler said...

Passionate about purple, too! Pretty popular people are pleased about purple!

Glad you are still taking time to post to your blog! Keep crafting!