A few days ago I shared about magnetic pages I made to store my cutting dies, and how I used self-adhesive magnetic sheets to create them. Well, after making those sheets, I had a bunch of these waxy backing sheets that had been covering the adhesive on the magnetic sheets. Since I hate throwing away something that might be useful, I decided to experiment.
Using some Spellbinders cutting dies (Splendid Circles), I cut some shapes out of the backing paper. As I looked at them, I realized they could be quite nice if they were colored, but I knew most things wouldn't stick to the waxy surface. I decided to try alcohol inks. You can see what they looked like as you look at my focal in this card.
I matted them on white card and then started looking for some backing paper that would set it off nicely. I ended up using some more of my papers created with the embossed waxed paper resist technique (see posts here and here).
The sentiment was stamped with a stamp from the Celebrations Labels One and Bracket Borders One set from JustRite.