Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Thank You!


With Christmas over, it's time to think about thank you cards! Here's a fun one I made using a Spellbinder's die and the technique I showed here.  The dimensions are a little different because for this to work you need your score lines to be at the center of the die, and in a bit from the inside edge of the die.  But the technique is the same - cut with the die on either side, leaving the inside uncut as discussed in the previous post.  Then emboss the whole. Next I took a piece of the pink striped paper and die-cut the shape out of it so it would fit around the element as you see here.

Then I cut 3 more elements with the same die - one in white card stock, one in a silky white pattern, and one in pink - the same as the base card.  The one cut from white card stock was stamped for the focal you see here (small stamp from HOTP) and colored with gel pens & my Dove blender before being adhered in place.

I punched a border using my Martha Stewart Doily Lace Punch, and then finished the outside of the card with some ribbons and die cuts.


With the card open, you can see where I put the other two pieces I cut.  I stamped my sentiment on the white silky one and cut a piece from the pink one so it would align properly.  The pink will be used to write my personal message.

No comments: