Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, December 6, 2012

Happy Birthday card with Wallpaper Envelope

Today's card was a taller/thinner card than I usually make.  I don't even remember now why I chose this shape, but I KNOW why I chose the colors.  The card was for a man and the colors of the sports team he roots for are orange and black.  The card itself is pretty straight forward.  A piece of glitter cardstock cut in a circule forms the focal.  It was stamped with StazOn ink.  This was then matted with a piece cut with a Spellbinder's Nestability die.

The background paper that I chose was not long enough to cover the whole card, so I cut it, lining one piece up near the top of the card, and the other near the bottom.  Then I ran a black border strip between the pieces (cut with an EK Success border punch).

I had expected the card to be able to fit in a regular long envelope, but the card was just a bit too large for that!  What to do?  I can make most sizes of cards with my enveloper, but needed paper that was 10 1/2" square!  I didn't have a sheet of scrapbook paper I cared to sacrifice, so I went prowling through my stash looking for something that would work.  I came across this piece of wallpaper from a sample book and thought it looked REALLY good with the card.  So, I used it, lining it with a piece of black paper.  I stamped the name on it with StazOn ink, and was really happy with the outcome:


No comments: