Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Use It Up - Using Stash - Papers

This scrapbook page was inspired by both the Paper Wishes Father's Day challenge, and the unofficial "Use it Up" challenge. Since it was a Paper Wishes, challenge, most of the supplies were from Paper Wishes. The background page is an older blocked leaf design.  It was trimmed from 12 x 12 to 8 x 8 size, and then the journaling was printed directly onto it.  The red tag was a leftover from the Little Prints and Patterns paper set.  The tags below each picture are printed from the 5400 Tags CD - love being able to print my own tags - the only way to get white printing without doing it by hand. The black border across the top is from Lacy Frames Scrapbooking Dazzles and "Memory" is from the Vintage Treasures Scrapbooking Dazzles. The title was printed with my computer, cut out, and matted on another piece of the leaf paper, which was inked around the edges before being adhered to the page.

Awhile back Becca, one of my blog followers, commented that she appreciated seeing the process I went through in creating my projects.  Since I happened to have some interim photos of this page, I decided to share a bit of that.  I already had quite a bit of my page done by the time I took the first picture.  This is what it looked like then:
It's not bad at all, but I realized I hadn't included the word "Dad" or father etc. as required for the challenge.  So, I looked for a way to add it. I decided to use the little red tag I had in my stash.  I liked that it had a little heart on it.

Plain
White Border

Greater Angle
Just Right
As you can see from this progression, I can get pretty picky about what I do.  I first put just the tag and decided I wanted a white mat.  I then didn't like the angle and changed it around until I liked it.  Note the way the red tag interacts with the red shirt in the two pictures, giving 3 points of red, leading your eye around the page. 

Next I decided I wanted something in the space above the title.  This is what I tried first,
but I didn't like it AT ALL!  I thought to myself, what I'd really like is a black border across the top.  Then I remembered my black Dazzles scrapbooking stickers, and created what you see at the top of this blog post.

1 comment:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Cheryl, as always a great page!