Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, July 16, 2012

Make Your Own - Borders

Today we'll look at various border-making techniques.  On these first couple of pages, the borders were made by printing clip art and cutting it out.  With clip art and a decent photo program, you can easily re-size your clip art and even change its color to suit your needs.  The bows are actually also clip art - to help keep the bulk down - with Jewel Dazzles to add a bit of sparkle where the knot would be.

Another technique I like for making borders is to create faux ribbon with a photo program.  In this case, I started with a black rectangle, put a smaller red one on top of it, then added words that enhanced the theme of my page.  When it's a rectangle like this, it's fast and easy to cut it with a paper cutter.

 This wavy border was cut with a paper cutter with a fancy-edged tool.  I added Jewel Dazzles at the top and bottom of each "wave" to bling it up a bit.  A small ribbon bow adds the finishing touch.

Of course, you can just use ribbon to create a border.  This ribbon with the looped edge is particularly effective for borders.  I use my ATG to put glue on the back of the ribbon for quick and easy adhesive.

This final example is a little hard to see.  If you look closely you can see a lacy white border at the top and bototm of the page.  This was created with a border punch.  There are a wide variety of border punches, so you can easily find one that gives you the look you want.

No comments: