Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tiny Tidbits


Today I'll show a few gift enclosure mini-cards I've made with scraps.  I hate throwing stuff away that might be useful, but I don't want a bunch of junk sitting around either.  I want to USE it.  Scraps of cardstock make great bases for mini-cards. Scraps of colorful paper make great additions. In the past, I've talked about using your scraps with your die cuts & Big Shot machine (or similar) to create ready to use embellishments. These cards make use of some of those, as well as "innies" scraps from some of the more complicated dies. Today I'll show 9 examples of little cards I've made with leftovers - starting with the 5 shown above and shown in greater detail below (approx 2" x 3 1/4"):
Scraps from Die Cuts
Mini Heart Die Cut Scraps
Layered Die Cut Scraps

Small Die Cut Heart
Layered Die Cut Rectangles
I have some small stamps from Hot Off the Press ("Tiny Words & Images" and "Matching Borders & Focals") that work great for mini cards like these.  All the cards I'm showing today were created to go in a card box set I created for a raffle for an organization I support. Here are a few more examples - these ones are a bit larger (2 5/8" x 4 3/4"):
Lots of Layers
3-d sticker & ribbon with die cut
Here's one with a star window

Another one with a star window
 I like having a bunch of these little cards available.  You never know when you want a quick mini-card to go with a gift, or just to give someone as a "pick me up". And they're a great way to use up scraps.

No comments: