Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Ebony Color Me Toppers!

Hot Off the Press is coming out with some brand new Color Me Card Toppers.  I got a bit of a sneak peak, and they are so much fun!  They have the look of a black embossed design and the black resists ink, so you can color the design in a variety of ways.  It is wonderful to have something like this on hand when you need to make a nice card at the last minute.  I was so glad I got these when I did as there were two occasions I needed quick cards for recently.

This first one was created for a friend who was no longer going to be cuing our Friday night dances.  I colored the pattern in with Smooch inks. The purple matched my background paper so well!  I stamped the word "Remember. . . ", trimmed the bottom of the front of the card to mimic the edge of the card topper, and it was good to go.

 This next card was created for a friend who had been ill.  Once again, I colored it with smooch inks that matched my background paper (red this time). These are so pretty that you can use them without any color, or color them as much or as little as you want.  I started out just coloring the scalloped border, but decided to add a bit more color as you see in this next picture.

The greeting was cut out of black sticky-back vinyl using my Silhouette and a pattern I created.  I liked using the little heart in place of an "o" and decided to highlight that use by coloring it in.

No comments: