Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, August 9, 2023

HD Warmest Wishes - All Wrapped Up

 

Today's cards come from an old 2014 Hunkydory Window to the Heart luxury card collection called Warmest Wishes - from the set called All Wrapped Up.  

As you can see from the die cut sheet, I did not have all the pieces from this one, but I did have most of the die cut sheet and all of the 2 accompanying AS (Adoreable Scoreable printed card stock) sheets.  I also had a 3rd sheet that was left over from a previous set that I decided went well with these.

As you can see from the above photo, I ended up making 6 cards and 2 tags from these materials - adding to them from my stash as desired.  Here's a close up look at each:

Card #1:

This first card actually makes use of pieces from a concept card that didn't get used up.  This is the three pieces that form the focal.  The bottom border & background were all part of the AS - except for the poinsettia & leaves - those are Dazzles stickers (HOTP).  The top border was made using a strip of gold poster board from my stash, a strip of dark green from one of the AS pages, a sentiment piece from the set, and more poinsettia stickers.

Inside:

Borders top & bottom were pieces from the AS - each had 2 pieces - top one was layered 2nd one simply glued together.  As you can see, I also added more stickers.  The stamped sentiment came from one of my Mom's stamps.

Card #2:

Next up is another slimline card - with background pieced together from the additional AS sheet.  The focal and sentiment were both freebies from Debbi Moore.  

Inside:

Inside are more digi prints from Debbi Moore.  The sentiment is again one of my Mom's stamps.

Card #3:

This sideways slimline again has a pieced background from one of the sheets of AS.  To this I've added a focal image raised with foam squares, a sentiment piece and 2 embellishments - all from the set.

Inside:

The borders on the inside have strips of AS and 2 border pieces that we leftovers from a concept card.  The sentiment is again stamped using one of my Mom's stamps.

Card #4:

The background on this card is cut straight from the AS.  The image and sentiment are cut outs from a Debbi Moore freebie.  I cut a piece of white card stock to form a base of "snow" for the snowman and friends to stand on.

Inside:

Here I have 2 strips of the AS forming borders, and two more Debbi Moore digi-print cut outs. The sentiment is again one of my Mom's stamps.

Card #5:

One of the reasons that I decided this set was a good one to use with the 3rd "leftover" piece of AS, was that I REALLY didn't like this mostly pink focal (from the set) on a red background - which was what came with the set!  So, I cut a piece of this light green from the 3rd piece of AS, created borders top and bottom using gold strips & Dazzles borders.  I also used a small piece of the Dazzles border to extend the "hanger" for the chandelier.  A sentiment piece from one of HD's Little Book of Essential Christmas Sentiments completes the card front.

Inside:

Inside I used more of the green AS and Dazzles border strips.  I also added a stamped message - again one of my Mom's stamps.

Card #6:

This last card was actually the first that I made.  As you can see, I used some of the red AS for the background - then added a gold strip & purple strip from my stash to create a border.  I added some Dazzles stickers to this border before gluing the focal in place.  Once again I added a sentiment from the LB - this time adding another Dazzle to "anchor it in place".

Inside:

More of the AS, a strip of the purple, and more Dazzles stickers form a border on the inside.  The sentiment is another of my Mom's.  This time I used Dazzles stickers to cover the holly sprig that was a part of the stamped image.

Tags:

I had two small piece of AS left - so I decided to fold each in half to form a tag.  The first has a stamped image (one of my Mom's stamps) stamped with StazOn ink - and a piece of gold braid attached to the punched hole.  The 2nd started out being completely the light green AS - but I added scraps from other AS to form a border at the bottom.  Then I added another Debbi Moore freebie cutout and finished with a piece of the same gold braided thread through the punched hole.


No comments: