Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, May 21, 2023

Daydreams ACK Part 4

This is the final set of cards from this Daydreams Artful Card Kit (ACK) from HOTP.  YAY!!!  I already made 13 cards, so with the 3 I made today, I ended up with a total of 16 cards & 1 tag from this kit.  I DID have a few tags left over that I've put in my stash to save for another project.

Card #1 (above):  For this card I started with the pink print and die cut a rectangle from the center of it before matting it on black paper & gluing it to the card front.  I matted the multi-colored print & added it, then matted the pink piece I die cut and added it.  Then it was time to create a focal.  As you can see, I layered several die cut and cut out pieces for the focal before surrounding it with a couple of die cut arrows - all from the kit.  I DID take a thin strip of the black and threaded it through the die cut "button" leaving ends on either side to look like it's attached via them to the piece behind it.  Finally, I added a cut out sentiment - also from the kit - and my card front was complete.

Inside:  

Scraps of the papers and another cut out create a border for the inside.  The "Best Wishes" is stamped using a stamp from HOTP Tiny Words & Images stamps, and the other greeting is from Birthday - Female (Crafter's Companion Compendium).

Card #2:

Next up is a card made using scraps - cut into narrow strips & glued with a bit of an aqua background showing.  I matted this on black from my stash - using black also to create a border across the top (along with a thin strip of scrap from the kit).  The focal is ones again a collection of cutouts and die cut layered on top of each other.  The sentiment on the border is a cut out but used another stamp from HOTP Tiny Words & Images stamp set.

Inside:

As you can see, the inside has another mat created with strips of the patterned papers - this time layered on black (since I didn't feel the aqua showed through as well as I would have wished on the piece on the card front).  I added a cut out and a couple of die cuts from the kit, and stamped the message with a JustRite stamp from their For All You Do stamp set.  

Card #3:

At this point, I had very little of the paper left, though I had several cutouts and die cuts remaining.  I decided to go for a smaller A2 sized card, and turn it into a Center Step card base which is a good style for using up strips of paper.  Other than strips, I had a small 1 1/2" x 2 1/4" or so piece of patterned paper which I matted with black and added near the bottom border as you can see.  I added the dream catcher die cut, and layered a cut out greeting on a larger tag die cut before moving to the inside.

Inside:

I chose a die cut layered with a cut out for a focal element on the black border.  On either edge of the thin black border, I added the black stair-step die cuts from the kit.

Tag:

At this point I had very little left.  I used a couple of scraps to make this tag - adding some black ribbon from my stash.  Here's what I had left of the kit:

Most of these pieces are really tiny.  The cut out tags will go in my stash for use at a later time.  The largest strip I'll keep as it might be good for a border somewhere.  The rest goes in the trash with no regrets.  :)

No comments: