Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, May 3, 2023

HD Santa and Friends - Together at Christmas

Today I have another set of Hunkydory cards - this time made from their Santa and Friends kit - the set called Together at Christmas.  As usual, I added from my stash as well.  Here's what the set looked like.

And here are the 5 cards I made from it:

Now for a closer look at each one:

Card #1:

This card uses some lavender card stock from my stash, a corner of the AS (Adoreable Scoreable card stock in the set), a focal & two sentiment pieces from the set, and a couple of corner stickers from my stash.

Inside:

I used an oval frame from the set to surround the lavender card stock on which I printed a message (no name Christmas Word Stamps).  I added a cute little snowman stamp & die cut from HOTP (Snowglobe) to bring in a bit of the red from the card front.

Card #2:

Here I created a focal by cutting a piece of the AS to fit inside a silver poster board die cut (Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles Two).  I added a sentiment threaded through from ribbon (from my stash) before attaching it to the die cut.  Then I matted a larger piece of the AS for the background, and added the focal with fun foam for dimension.

Inside:

Inside, I created a border using scraps of the AS, the lavender matting, and a narrow silver strip.  I added a little die cut I got from a friend, and a stamped message (Crafter's Companion Compendium {CCC} - sheet called Warmest Wishes).

Card #3:

This card uses dies from Card Making Magic's Octogon Box Kit 6 x 6.  I didn't make it 6 x 6.  I think the card is 5 1/4" in diameter.  After cutting the card base, I cut the silver (using two of the dies) and glued it in place.  I cut an oval from red paper using a die from Spellbinders' Grand Ovals die set.  The focal die cut from the set, and a sentiment piece from a HD Little Book of Essential Sentiments, completes the card front.

Inside:

Inside was a die cut piece of AS matted with a die cut piece of red (all dies from the octagon kit).  I used my Lifestyle Circle Cutting Dies to cut a red mat for the greeting die cut from the set.  Then I added a "hanger" of Dazzles stickers to make it look like a Christmas ornament.

Card #4:

Next up I created a background from a piece of the AS and matted it with silver.  I turned an oval die cut frame on its side and put the focal die cut inside that - adding more stickers to make it look like a hanging ornament.  A sentiment from the set finished the outside.

Inside:

Inside I used a border strip from the set - and a little embellishment piece which I "hung" using more of the same stickers.  The sentiment is another from the no name brand Christmas Words stamp set.

Card #5:

This one is a slimline card - as you can see.  I simply cut a piece of AS, wrapped a ribbon around it for a border, matted it on black paper, and added a cut out sentiment (printed from a Debbi Moore freebie).

Inside:

I used the leftover AS pieces for borders either side - matting them in black as I did for the card front.  The stamped sentiment is the same as the last card.

No comments: