Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, September 2, 2018

Thank You Bunch

Unfortunately, several of these pictures are not great - still learning to get the light right in my new space - but this first one isn't too bad.

I needed a bunch of Thank You cards quickly, so colored some stamped images I had received in a swap to form several of my focals - not sure of the source of all of them. 

I fussy cut the leaf of this daffodil so it would hang over the frame - one of Marianne's Cut-Emboss folders (using a piece of aqua glimmer paper).  Sentiment stamp from HOTP SS "Flower".

This next card had the focal matted on a piece of card stock that had been colored with alcohol inks and embossed in an embossing folder.  I stamped the sentiment (Tiny Words & Images - HOTP) on a strip of paper & cut notches either end - attaching with foam squares in the middle & direct to the focal on the edges.

This picture is very bad.  The card itself is white with blue mat and yellow flowers in a blue vase.  Really pretty in real life!  The picture was colored with Inktense pencils.  The mat was cut using a Spellbinder's die, and the label was cut with a HOTP die.

This scarecrow was colored with inktense pencils & a stamped sentiment (Matching Borders & Focals - HOTP) added before matting it on black paper.  The background is an old HOTP design.

The colors are off on this one too - the card is white!!! Anyway, this is a gate fold card.  The card fronts are scored every 1/8" for a fun look.  The focal is from a stamp set I got from JeJe, colored with Inktense pencils.

This last card is a shaped card from an old PaperFlair card kit (HOTP).  The butterfly didn't fold back on itself like it should have, so I had to "fake it" a bit, but it still turned out pretty cute.  I add googly eyes & beading wire for antennae.  Here's what it looked like opened:


No comments: