Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, September 12, 2018

More with Gelatos

Here are several more cards made while playing with Gelatos backgrounds like the one I used on the "bamboo" card here (blending with baby wipes technique).  

This first card is the other half of the gelatos piece I colored for my bamboo card.  This time I used a fall leaf embossing folder & hit it with green ink (lightly with a circular motion to bring out the embossing).  The cat was one of my Stampendous Kitties, that I made some time ago & had in my stash.  I added her head with a bobble spring.  I decided to run a piece of ribbon across at an angle and put my die-cut sentiment above that.  I felt it needed a little more, so made the tag & added it like it was hanging from the ribbon.

Next is a piece that I did using orange/brown gelatos.  It really didn't look all that great when I was done with it, but by the time I embossed it & added the green ink on top, it looked pretty good!  The tag and die cut were from my stash.  I know the tag was from HOTP - not sure about the die cut.  I found a piece of peach colored paper that blended well & matted it on green for a border.  The background paper is a fern paper from HOTP.  The jewel dazzles were silver but I colored them with a light green Sharpie to get them the right color for the card.

The final card in this set is the other half of that orange/brown gelato background.  I used the same embossing folder, but this time I hit it with tan and brown inks.  The background plaid is old HOTP paper.  The die cut was one from my stash that I hit with some ink to get it a color that blended better.  The ribbon border gives it something to sit on.  The sentiment is a piece of printed vellum from my stash - backed with paper & framed with a Dazzles sticker (HOTP).

No comments: