Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, August 31, 2018

HD Paws For Thought #2

Before I leave Hunkydory and move on to other cards, I'll show you this card.  It started with the Hunkydory Paws for Thought kit - the set called "Feline Wishes".  I had shared the kit with others & they used all the toppers but left quite a bit of the coordinating floral card stock.  What to do with that pretty card stock????  Looking through the other sets, I came to the one called "Cat-egorically Speaking" and discovered a couple of little cat toppers that I thought would go well with the leftover card stock.  I used one on the front, and one on the inside (hopefully there will still be enough toppers to go with THAT coordinating card stock!!!) 😀

For the card front, I cut a piece of gold paper just smaller than the card and glued it to the card front.  I then cut a piece of that lovely floral using a die from Spellbinders "Enchanted Labels Twenty-Eight" and glued it on top of the gold.  Next came a smaller piece in a lovely lavender color cut with a smaller die from the same Spellbinder's set.  Before adding my topper with foam tape, I first cut a strip of purple suede paper and a piece of the gold that was just a bit wider than the purple. Placing one on top of the other gave the lovely border strip through the center of the card.  The focal is centered on that border strip.

The inside makes use of another piece of that floral card stock.  I cut the piece just a bit short, so I could add a matching border along the other edge (cut from the card stock).  The focal sits on top of that.

No comments: