Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, July 24, 2017

Puppy Get Well


Today's card is another one made from coordinating papers & artwork from the "Cardmaking Value Pack #2" (HOTP).  Once again, it looks nothing like their samples - though it uses their printed sentiments & patterned paper.  This one is a "get well" card for a friend who loves dogs. 


CARD FRONT:

  • Background: I started by cutting a piece of patterned paper just a bit smaller than the cream-colored card base.  Then I cut about an inch off the bottom, trimming it a bit to fit as you see here.  I created the look of a black mat by drawing around the edge with a black Sharpie.
  • Focal: I made the puppy pieces some time ago using the "Pop-Up Puppies" Stamp & Die sets from Stampendous.  You can see more about how I did it here.  For this card, I placed the body where I wanted it, then added the head with an "Action Wobble Spring" from Hampton Art. 
  • Sentiments: The sentiment pieces were artwork from the kit - I just matted them on black paper and added them as you see here.


INSIDE:

  • Background: I left most of the cream from the card blank showing - just added another piece of the patterned paper near the bottom (outlined the same way as I did for the card front).  
  • Dog Bone: This was another piece I had created earlier using the Pop-Up Puppies stamp & die sets.  All I had to do today was glue it in place.
  • Sentiment: This time I used their printed sentiment with lots of layers.  I first layered it on a piece of patterned paper, then black for a mat, then another piece of patterned paper where I ran a Sharpie around the edge.  (The bottom mat is actually pieced together from two narrow strips since I was almost out of this paper by now.)

No comments: