This is the third in my "one sheet wonder" set. In general for this set of cards, in addition to that one sheet of paper (from HOTP "Artful Watercolor"), I used:
- Card stock cut & folded to make a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base.
- Printouts of an art & tag freebie download that was designed to go with the paper (and occasionally black or white card stock to stabilize them so I could pop them up with foam tape).
- Black paper - mostly for matting.
- Black Sharpie - for faux matting
- Misc embellishments from my stash.
If you look at the template on this page, you'll see that the pieces labeled #3 are the ones that were used for this card.
- Background - This card doesn't really do the patterned paper pieces justice as the overlay hides most of it. At any rate, the 4 same-sized pieces available for this card were all mounted onto ONE piece of black paper that was cut just smaller than the card front to give about 1/8" on all sides. I alternated the patterns to get a really nice look - but you can't see it well.
- Focal - The focal message is stamped & heat embossed using a stamp from "Heartfelt Greetings" stamp set (HOTP). The label it is stamped on is one of the printed art freebies. I matted this on a piece of gold foil doily - carefully cut to fit the card. I added a dimensional butterfly sticker (from a dollar store) and the card front was complete.
The inside once again started with a piece of patterned paper. I used a real paper mat this time so I could make it a bit bigger. I added a small piece of the doily and another butterfly sticker (colored with a Sharpie so the original pastel color became one that looked better with the paper). I added a "butterfly trail" by using "innies" from outline sticker borders.