Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, May 19, 2017

Unofficial Beach Bum


This is one of the scrapbook pages I made for the National Scrapbooking Day "Pick and Create Challenge" on the Paper Wishes Message Board - and it WON!  (Thank you, Paper Wishes!)

For this challenge I chose: Stream, Swimmer, Otter, Swim - which meant I needed to use/do:

  • striped patterned paper (used it to mat my photo)
  • lake/pool/beach - background & largest embellishment
  • Dazzles - a couple of my "shell" embellishments & my sea horse
  • Paper tearing - for my "ocean"
Products used were mostly PW:
  • PAPER - the paper used for the "ocean" & the striped paper mat for the photo were from an older HOTP "Finished in a Flash" kit called AT THE BEACH. The background paper is their "Sandstone" paper sold as single sheets (which was also used for the journaling piece).
  • OCEAN - I tore various strips of the blue paper to create the look of waves, layering them as you see.
  • TITLE - The title came from one of the old HOTP books of punch-out embellishments and/or borders. The starfish at the top left corner was cut from a punch-out border (not sure if it was the same book or a different one). I took a brown pen & outlined the edges of it so it stood out better and blended in better with the Dazzle pieces I describe a little later.
  • JOURNALING - I printed my journaling on another piece of the Sandstone paper, tore around it, and then inked the edges.
  • SAND CASTLE was made using the pattern in the HOTP Paper Piecing 201 book. I didn't actually make it myself - it came in a Paper Wishes Message Board embellishment exchange with IslandGirl way back in August of 2010!
  • DAZZLES - I had to really scrounge to find some Dazzles that would work for this layout. They make some wonderful ones that I don't have, but I finally remembered the sheet of "Tropical Christmas" Dazzles. I cut the holly off a couple of shells & colored the gold with brown StazOn ink. It wasn't as dark as I wanted so I added a darker brown marker & heat embossed it with clear embossing powder to make sure it didn't smear. Then I backed one with blue & one with pink. I also added the small seahorse from that set - but left it gold.
  • OTHER - I did add 3 little pieces that are not from PW - layered shell stickers I got from the Dollar Store.

No comments: