Paper Wishes Message Board held several challenges for National Scrapbooking Day. I did two of their "Pick and Create Challenges". This is my 2nd one - I'll post the 1st one in a few days. I must admit that this page looks much better in real life because the picture doesn't show the glimmer & shine that's there.
Anyway, for my pick #2 I chose: Lake, Sailor, Fish, Picnic - which meant I needed to do/use:
- Specialty Paper - I used red foil card stock from "50 Shades of Mirri - Festive" from PW, and dark blue glimmer paper from "Masculine SaraPapers". These were used to mat my focal photo - both the smaller mats & the larger angled ones.
- Military or Patriotic - Background paper is HOTP "Patriotic Blue Border" which has the red white & blue border - theme also carried out in the basic color scheme & paper pieced butterfly
- Sequins or Rhinestones - stars on the butterfly are sequins from my stash
- Paper Piecing - Paper-pieced butterfly made using my Silhouette - I used white gel pen to outline it & on the antennae, so that they could be seen against the dark background.
- Other - "BETSY ROSS" title was made with alphabet stickers from my stash, journaling was hand-written on white paper used to mat the focal photo & on little "tag" on the black & white photo.