Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Triple Easel Anniversary Hearts


Today's card is a triple easel card.  It's mostly made of foil so getting a decent picture was a bit challenging.

For the card base, I used this pattern from Cardmaking Paradise.  I turned it into a set of stencils by cutting it out of clear acetate. Then it was easy to trace and cut the card base pieces from white card stock. 

Next I traced & cut each of the three large hearts from red foil poster board - and the slightly smaller ones from white card stock.  Before I glued the white hearts on the red foil ones, I die cut pieces from the centers (can't waste all that pretty foil on just a mat!).  The pieces I cut from the two larger hearts were used to decorate them.

You can see the largest heart a little better in this picture of the card closed:


The center heart was cut with a Spellbinders "Scalloped Heart" die.  I cut the word "Love" out of the center using a Paper Artist die from HOTP ("Love & 5 hearts"), and glued all the little bits back in so that the word "love" shows through in white from behind the red heart.

The middle heart was decorated with a piece of the red foil cut with another of the "Love & 5 hearts" dies.  

For the smallest heart, I stamped a verse that came in a JustRite set of stamps called "With Sympathy", and heat embossed with a metallic red.

The little "Happy Anniversary" tag that holds the small heart in place started with a piece of white card stock that was heat embossed with the metallic red embossing powder, and cut with a die from the "Lots of Pops" die from Karen Burniston - stamp from JustRite's "Royal Antique Labels".  I matted this with a bit of the red foil poster board.

I used some "Red Jewel Border Dazzles" from HOTP to create a border around the base of the card.

This card actually has a hidden message area.  I made two of the large heart card bases and glued them together so that it opens as a regular card underneath the triple easel base.

I didn't have an envelope to fit this card and to make one I needed a larger piece of paper than I had handy - so I used wallpaper from a sample book I had. I used one paper for the main part of the envelope and another piece to line the visible flap area.  Here are a couple of pictures of the envelope starting with the front of the square envelope:


And here's the other side of the envelope:


1 comment:

Becca Sadler said...

Cheryl: The anniversary card is absolutely amazing!!! The jumbo envelope is very elegant, too, with the choice of wallpaper sample. Way to be resourceful!!!

Fantastic work!!!