Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, March 31, 2016

Happy Birthday - Unfashionably Late!


Today's card is a belated birthday card.  Somehow I missed a friends birthday from way back in FEBRUARY!!!  I hate that!  Anyway, I decided to go with a "fashion" theme for this "unfashionably late" card.  Here's what I did:

Card Front:
  • The background paper is a pretty pink/grey/black glitter paper from DCWV.  I cut it just smaller than the card front so I'd have a white "mat" around it.  It looks scalloped, but that is only because I used some scalloped Thin Line Dazzles around the edge (HOTP). 
  • The focal piece is a white rectangular piece of card stock, on which I stamped one of the prima dolls.  I stamped the skirt on a pretty printed vellum piece (HOTP), heat embossed it with fine black powder, and fussy cut around it.  I colored the doll's flesh and hair with chalk.  The shoes were colored with Smooch ink.  The bodice was colored with pink Stickles.  I ran the Stickles a little below the waist, and along the lace of the skirt, so it serves as glue to hold the vellum piece in place.
  • I used more Dazzles to frame the focal.  The Happy Birthday words were silver Dazzles that I colored with a black sharpie.  I hand-wrote the rest of the sentiment.
Inside:


For the inside of the card, I stamped some green "grass" using a stamp from the HOTP Four Seasons stamps set, after stamping the girl & her dog (HOTP Jainie's Girls).  I colored the girl & dog with chalks & Smooch inks, and added the hand-written sentiment:

2 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Cheryl: This is a very charming card! Love the color combo!

kittykat3308 said...

Your card is beautiful and I love your greeting and sentiment.

Blessings,
Kathleen