Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sympathy Card


Well, obviously, my idea worked!  Very quickly I was given the inspiration for this sympathy card.

The focal is made from HOTP paper called "Clouds". I cut and embossed it with a Marianne folder and mounted it on a deeper blue cardstock.  I embossed a 5" x 7" piece of glimmer paper with a dotted embossing folder.  The folder is A2 size, but I embossed one side, took the paper out and carefully aligned it so the other side would emboss and the dots line up with the first embossing before running the other side through my die cut machine.

To finish my card, I adhered the focal to the dotted paper. Then I ran a ribbon across the top, tucking the ends under and gluing them in place.  Then I made a bow and added it before gluing the whole thing to the front of the card.

I had thought to pierce the edges of the darker blue card with my paper piercer, to add more dimension - but I forgot. It might also have been nice to ink the edges of the focal with silver ink, but once again, I didn't think of it in time. 

My sentiment is a Dazzle greeting.  That was all I had done until I started posting this, but as I was writing my post, I decided to add a few silver dots of Liquid Pearls on the focal - just on the embossed flower centers. Before I did that, it looked like this:


Not a big difference, but I kind of like the extra touch of silver.

No comments: