Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Another Sympathy Card

Fortuantely, I do not have a current need for another sympathy card at the moment.  However, I figured I better get another one put together.  This is one genre of card that I want to ALWAYS have on hand, as there is so little warning sometimes that one might need one.

This one started with a piece of glossy white card stock.  I first cut it with one of the Resplendent Rectangles dies. I then embossed it using BOTH the die, and an Impressabilities stencil from Spellbinders at the same time in my Grand Caliber (sandwich = base plate, impressabilities, die with cutting side UP, silcone mat, embossing plate - I taped the impressabilities and the cutting die in place first with removable tape).  Before removing the stencil and die, I sprayed it with Glimmer Mists and let it dry.  After it dried, there were a few spots that stood out more than the rest.  To bring them more into line with the rest, I took an aqua painter and ran the watery brush over those spots to tone them down.

For the border, I took a narrow strip of leftover glossy white card stock, and embossed it with the same die I used earlier - then cut along the embossing line so it would fit the first die cut piece.  I glued 1/8" black ribbon along each long edge and then glued it in place on the first piece.  This was then matted on a larger piece of aqua glimmer paper that had been scored on the diagonal every 1/2", before being mounted to the front of the card.

A leftover piece of the glimmer paper was cut and embossed with the smallest die in the set. I used an embossing pen to color in the raised areas and covered them with white embossing powder.  After heat embossing them, I stamped the sentiment in embossing ink and heat embossed it - again with the white embossing powder.  This sentiment was attached to the border with foam tape for added dimension.


I made the butterfly in the same way as this one.  After adding the butterfly to the card, I made a "flight trail" using little "innies" from a black Dazzles piece. I finished the card by adding a cut/embossed border (with black ribbon) to the inside of the card.

No comments: