Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, February 8, 2013

Extra Big Card


While I know that some of you make larger cards - like 8" x 10" size - I usually stick with 5" x 7" or smaller. But, I was asked to make a card for our dance teachers - one of whom is very ill - and they wanted it to be BIG.  They also wanted it to be a combination "get well" and "valentine's" card!  This is what I came up with.  It is 9" x 12" (I don't have cardstock larger than 12".)  I decided to make it easy on myself by using pictures on the front.  I did a lot of stamping on the front and the inside, using alphabet stamps, stamps from a Fiskar's Friendship set, and a few stamps from HOTP ("Love" stamp seen here is from one of their small sets, inside I used some stamps from "Tiny Words and Images" and "Mix Your Messages")

The bottom frame was made with a reflections die from Cheery Lynn.  Those can be kind of fun because you can adjust the size they'll be and make larger die cuts than you might ordinarily manage with your machine.  The heart was more challenging.  I have the scalloped heart set from Spellbinders, but the largest was too small for my picture.  So, using it as a template for the scallops, I drew half a larger heart on a folded piece of cardstock, cut it out, and opened it up to make sure it was the size I wanted.  When I was happy with it (took me about 3 tries), I traced around it on the back of my glitter cardstock and cut that out.  You can't tell it in the picture, but the photo on the heart is on foam tape for a bit of dimension.

Here's what the inside looks like:


I left plenty of room for everyone to sign it.  Hopefully they'll like it!

To make the envelope, I used 3 different large sheets of wallpaper from a large wallpaper sample book. Two formed the front and back, and the third was cut to size and glued on the inside of the flap to cover the back-side of the wallpaper.  Since I don't plan on mailing it, I put a little bit of sticky-backed velcro to hold it closed.

No comments: