Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ribbon Organizer

Awhile back I showed you a ribbon holder that my husband made for me - here. After using it quite successfully for awhile, I rearranged my craft room and the ribbon ended up where I kept backing up into it with my chair.  After breaking the dowel holders several time, I finally gave up and removed it.

Then I didn't know what to do!   For awhile I tried something I saw on the net -- putting the ribbon rolls on a pants hanger.  It looked like a great idea, but in reality I had a couple of problems with it.  First, though the picture showed 4 rows of ribbon, I could only get 2 per hanger because the rolls I have are too large to do otherwise.  Secondly, I didn't have anywhere to hang them!  There is no closet in my craft room and no place to install any sort of a rod.  So, for awhile they hung on the end of my table and I tried not to knock them off too often.

Then I found my answer!



Paper Wishes was having a clearance sale on these 36" wide Ribbon Organizers by Simply Renee. They also come in an 18" size. What a GREAT price!  I got two of them as I have a LOT of ribbon.  I love that they hold spools of ribbon but also have clips for holding smaller pieces.  In the past I'd had my pieces in drawers with other embellishments and my spools of ribbon elsewhere.  Now all my ribbon can be together!  Another thing I REALLY like about these is the way the ribbon spools can so easily be put in and taken out, and yet if you just want a little piece of one, it's usually pretty easy to just pull a portion of the spool without messing up any of the others.  What a great product!

No comments: