Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thinking of You

I find the most frequent cards I send are "thinking of you" cards.  Even when it comes to get well cards, I often will send a thinking of you rather than a specific get well card.  Today's samples come from the Paper Flair Clearly Collage All Occasion Card Kit - a kit using a variety of fun transparency techniques.  While I usually prefer to come up with my own ideas, it can be helpful when you need a card in a hurry to have something like this on hand. It comes with materials and instructions for 10 cards, but there is enough extra artwork included that if you don't decorate your envelopes you often have enough to make a second card -- thus can make nearly 20 cards from this set. This particular set also is like a tutorial of neat ideas for using transparencies in card making.

The card above is from this set - the dragonflies are transparencies.  It is an unusual style of card.  Here are a couple more pictures showing the card opened and then the back of the card when it's open.  (These pictures also show the limitations of scanning your cards. Only the center part is full size, the rest is thin, cut out around the elements.)


















Here is the additional card that I made:
The sentiment in the inside of this card comes from the Paper Pizazz definitions & words ephemera by Hot Off the Press, everything else is "extra art" from the previous card.  A little bit of chalking, and I have a second card (outside and inside!).

2 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Pretty cards! I have a few card kits but I haven't used them yet.

pennyd said...

Very pretty! I'm with Karenliz - I have a few of the kits and haven't used them either. This card may inspire to get the collage one out!