Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, March 30, 2011

More Clearly Collage

Today's post demonstrates how I added my own touches to the suggested cards from the "Clearly Collage - All Occasion Card Kit" from Paper Wishes.   I found that I wanted to re-arrange the elements for the front of the card so that the clock on the inside appeared to line up with the clock on the outside.  This meant moving the tag to the other side of the card and putting it at an angle - which I liked better.  Then I wanted to focus attention on the change from caterpillar to butterfly, so I added an arrow (cut from an extra label) that points to the caterpillar on the front.  On the inside, the only changes I made were to rearrange the butterflies a little bit.

The change I made to this one was to add some at the top of the card.  In the kit, it was designed as a square card.  I don't like making square cards very often since they require extra postage to mail.  So, in this case, instead of cutting the whole card down to make a square as they suggested, I simply cut the FRONT of the card down, leaving the back intact.  I finished the card in much the same way as they suggested -- simply covering the whole of the inside page with the gray (rather than just the square part), changing the position of the stars a bit, and adding an extra star on the inside page.  I then stenciled the word "Congratulations" with dimensional paint (on the part of the card that stuck up above the square part on the inside page) so it showed above the square front of the card.

No comments: