Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Moving Right Along - 6 more scrapook pages

 

Now that I have the pictures organized and many of the papers pulled, I can move through these fairly quickly.  

You can see the first two pages in the double-page spread above.  The basic spread is a focal picture with 3 smaller pictures anchored on a border strip.  Unfortunately, given the light colors, the papers aren't showing up well, but there are 4 different patterns, all taken from a HOTP 8 x 8" paper pad called Wedding.  Here are closeups of the individual pages:

Page #1:

On this first page, the focal photo is matted on a plain pink, then on a frame created by layering a die cut frame (Spellbinders Card Creator 5 x 7 Renaissance Jeweled Frame) from a pink patterned paper over white card stock.  A border of plain pink runs behind this focal photo, and behind the next three photos in the double spread - the first of which you see on the right on this page.  There are also two stickers from my stash that add a bit of interest to the page.

Page #2:

This page has the title (from an old HOTP booklet) & a journaling block that are both glued to the same plain pink mat.  Note that the journaling block is on a patterned paper cut with a different die from the same set as that used on Page 1.  As mentioned, there is a wide border strip of pink that extends from the other page and runs behind the photos.  As you can see, I've added a few more stickers to complete the page.

Page #3:

I don't usually care for photos that are freestyle cut around a portion of the picture, but in this case I felt I had no choice.  It's a fun picture, but the background showed the detritus of the meal we had just completed and really didn't look good.  By cutting around the grandma in the rocker with 3 babies, I was able to bring the focus back to the point of the page.  Most of the papers and embellishments on this page came from the Finished in a Flash book by HOTP called Baby Girl.  I really liked the wide border with lace at the bottom, but when I put the "BABY" title, it just seemed to blend into the background.  I also didn't want to leave the singular title by itself, because there were THREE babies!  To change the title from "BABY" to "BABY TIMES 3", I found the numeral 3 on a tag and fussy cut it - then cut out the word "TIMES" using dies & yellow card stock.  Then realized if I used some of the same yellow behind the word "BABY", it would help it stand out.  As you can see, I added a bit more yellow around the page - borders and journaling block.  I also added a piece of pink checked paper as you can see.  The embellishments were not actually die cuts included in the set - those were bigger than I wanted.  However, on the cover, there were smaller versions meant to advertise what was inside the booklet - and I fussy cut those to embellish this page.

Page 4:

The papers and many of the embellishments on this page also come from a HOTP Finished in a Flash - this time the one called Baby Boy.  This time I use a blue/green patterned paper for the background and a piece of blue checked paper for a border at the bottom and to mat the focal photo and cut out the title.  Since I don't have a die that cuts numbers that size, I went looking in my stash and found a chipboard one that I covered with the blue paper.  The tags and stars were all die cuts from the kit.  Title, focal photo, and labeling strip are all white card stock from my stash.

Another Double-Page Spread:

This double page spread was an easy one because it was basically pre-made for me (another from Provo Craft "YourStory" book binder set).  Here's a closer look at the individual pages.

Page #5:


The orange photo box, the journaling box, the corner border piece, and the pacifier were all already in place on this pre-made page.  I found a label that coordinated well and wrote my title on it - rising it on foam tape when I glued it in place.  But first I had to arrange my pictures.  I had three of them that were trimmed down from larger pictures.  I decided I wanted the one with her "eating" a diaper as the focal - mostly because it was a different size/shape from the other two.  However, I needed to find a way to make the focal photo stand out - particularly challenging since it was smaller than the other photos.  I solved this dilemma by using a wide, bright green glittery mat - the color and sparkle draw the eye.  Then I placed this partially over top of the other two photos, forcing them into the background and solidifying the matted picture as focal.

Page #6:


This last page is pretty simple - just added two trimmed pictures to the photo box and added some journaling to the journaling box.  Easy peasy!

6 more pages done!  That feels good until I realize I'm not even half way through this first bock and I have at least 3 more books to go when I'm finished with this one!  Oh well, it's still progress, right?



No comments: