Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, November 23, 2022

HD Animal Kingdom - Wish Big

Today's card set comes from Hunkydory's Animal Kingdom kit - the set called "Wish Big".  Here's what the set looks like:

As you can see, there is a page of die cuts and two coordinating printed Adorable Scoreable card stock (AS).  Here are the five cards I made from this set:


Looking at each individually - 

Card #1:

This card is based from a card sketch posted on a MB I frequent - in this case the sketch was turned on its side, and the card is a cut-away card.  I wanted the border in between turquoise prints, so cut the AS and re-arranged it as you can see.  Then I cut a curve that would mimic the focal - cutting the card front just a bit larger to form a narrow mat.  For the focal, it is actually 3 die cuts which includes 2 frames.  The focal is on foam tape, the next frame is glued directly to the card front, the outer frame is on even thicker foam tape.  The greeting is another die cut from the set.

Inside:

Inside I simply added a small die cut to a scrap of AS.

Card #2:

This card is mostly just a piece of the AS.  I cut it to show just a small white border around it.  I also added a gold and white washi tape to help tie in the die cut greeting (from the set).

Inside:

Scraps of AS and some more washi tape form borders on the inside of the card.

Card #3:

As you can see, this is a slimline card.  It started with a piece of one of the AS sheets.  Then I added gold and white washi tape, then the border strip from the set - cut in half and added top and bottom.  I added a gold die cut frame - with a portion cut away to fit.  This frames the focal die cut.  Finally I added a die cut sentiment piece.

Inside:

Scraps of AS, a small die cut, and washi tape complete the inside.

Card #4:

Card number 4 was really quick - a single piece of AS doubles as the background, border, and focal.  I added a bit of gold and white washi tape to tie in the sentiment die cut from an Essential Little Book (LB) of Sentiments.

Inside:

A final couple of AS strips and some more washi tape form the lower border on the inside.  I also added another die cut sentiment from the LB of sentiments.

Card #5:

This final card is another cutaway card - based on the same sketch used for card #1 above.  You can see through to the border on the inside.  For the card front itself, I embossed the front panel with a Swiss Dots embossing folder from Cuttlebug.  Next, I glued the die cut pieces that I had chosen.in place.  I found a large oval die and used it to trace a line that would work for the cutaway - then fussy cut with scissors (I was afraid that if I sent it through the machine I'd lose my embossing).

 Inside:

On the inside, I cut a border from one of the AS sheets - then fussy cut along the chevron so I could separate it a bit and show a bit more white.

Tag: 

I made this tag from the leftover scraps of the set.

No comments: