Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, November 1, 2022

And Another 6!

6 more pages made today!  This first pair started out as pink backgrounds and just weren't working with the photos - so I threw out that idea and went looking for something else.  I came up with red white and blue and I think it was PERFECT for these photos!

Page #1:

I like the busyness of this background paper (HOTP) because it encapsulates the energy of my little girl at this stage!  And the colors brought me to the perfect title.  The title itself is made using felt stickers I got a LONG time ago.  I think the page is pretty self-explanatory.  The border top and bottom of the journaling block helps tie this to the next page so they live well together side by side.

Page #2:

This page is really simple.  You can see that I brought a piece of the blue background over as a border to help tie the two pages together.  And once again I used those old felt stickers for the title - this time in blue.

Next set of pages:

Here I've got 2 more pages from the Provo Craft "YourStory" book binder set.  Only two of the blocks on the right-hand page were designed for photos, but I repurposed them.  And, as you can see, I put two photos in the single photo block on the first set of pages.  Here's a closer look:

Page 3:

I really didn't have to do much to this page.  I added the 1 year tag and a bit of purple patterned paper for a journaling block (both from Finished in a Flash Baby Girl - HOTP).  I inked the edges of the journaling block so it would look more like it went with the photo block.  I DID remove a baby bottle embellishment that sat where I put the journaling block - it was really not appropriate for her as a one year old!  

Page 4:

After trimming the photos to fit and gluing them in place, all I had to do here was add a little embellishment piece from the same Finished in a Flash booklet.

Last set of pages for today:

Though not a dual page layout, I do try to see that pages that will be side by side will blend and not clash!

Page #5:

This is another of the Provo Craft YourStory pages.  The tag and label came from two different Finished in a Flash kits (Baby Girl and Baby Boy).  The yellow mat was from my stash.

Page #6:

The background is a HOTP page - trimmed down from a 8.5 x 11 sheet (cut the border from one edge & glued on top of the 8 x 8 so top and bottom both have a border.  The tags & title are from the Finished in a Flash Baby Boy set.  Initially I had trouble sorting out the pictures because at first all I could see to do was layer the rocking chair on top of the puzzle picture (since it's got a lot of empty space in the picture).  But that would mean the rocking chair picture would need to be focal and I didn't want that.  Then I realized I needed to bring in a bit more orange to support the orange in the title.  That helped everything fall into place as I double matted the focal photo.  A couple of brads hold the tags in place - with a printed flower under the one connected to the focal.

------------------------------------------------------------

It feels good to have another 6 pages done.  If I keep up this pace, I may actually get these albums finished!  I DO wish I had a few more embellishments on some of these pages, but haven't been able to figure out what to add.  Hopefully it will come to me in time.

No comments: