Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Feminine High Street

Continuing to make birthday cards for my Aunt, I turned to the Hunkydory Little Book of High Street once again.  This time I chose some with feminine themes.  Here are the 4 I chose:

Along with the LB pages, I also used some coordinating Adorable Scoreable (AS) and misc from my stash.

Here are the 4 cards that I made:

And here's a closer look at each.

Card #1:

As you can see, I made this into a side step card.  I did quite a bit of fussy cutting because I wanted to get rid of all the orange-ish brick and replace it with the pink brick AS that I used for the background of this card.  

As you can see, I completely removed the window (added it as a decorative element on the side), and instead just put white card stock with a stamped message (one of my Mom's stamps).  Once again, the awning was added with foam tape at the bottom.  The second greeting - added to the right side - was stamped with a frame stamp from the set Tiny Tags, Little Labels & Greetings (HOTP).  The sentiment was from their Birthday Greetings stamp set.  Though there IS a matching cutting die, I decided to fussy cut so I got the white border that I wanted (the die might have done that, but I wasn't sure).

Card #2:

Here I cut out only part of the window - saving the dresses, purses, and shoes for the inside.  I backed the window with a gray printed AS (scraps not needed for the next card), then matted it with the glitzy paper - just around the edges.  I cut out the sign & backed it with scraps from a 2nd AS (just because I could - and to meet a challenge).  Then I matted all on the striped AS.  Finally, I found a printed Debbi Moore freebie sentiment in my stash & matted it in black to add to the top.

Inside:

Inside I added borders of the stripes & the cut out pieces saved from the card front.

Card #3:

This beauty shop card was quick & easy.  I used some gray patterned AS for the background and matted it with a thin border of purple.  A wider purple mat surrounds the portion of the LB page that I cropped. (I'm saving the flowers for something else.  I didn't like those colors with this make.)  I found a greeting in one of my LB's of Essential Greetings & matted it with purple and called it done.  Looking at it, I may come back later & add 3 dots of purple in the bottom right corner?  Anyway, here's what the inside looks like.

Inside:

A small Happy Birthday stamp from Inkadinkadoo forms the main message (stamped in purple dye ink).  Then a smaller supporting message was stamped (JustRite Grateful Hearts stamp set) and matted just below that - on top of a couple of scraps I used to form a border.

Card #4:

This last card in the set was made to meet a tic tac toe challenge - 3 patterned papers, pink, glitter paper or card stock. The center of the 2 largest mats were die cut out and saved for the inside of the card.  Because one of my papers was so light colored (the smallest one), I felt the awning needed some inking around the edge to help it stand out - which meant I had to cut it out or only part of the awning border could be inked.  SO - that mean I added it back with dimensional tape.  The sentiment is from a little book of essential sentiments.  

Inside:

Inside I have the die cut pieces (Crafti Potential Stitched Rectangles Stars & Dots, Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles Two).


No comments: