Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, November 17, 2022

HD Little Books - Peony Promise, Perfect Planet, Memorable Moments

Today I have 4 more cards from Hunkydory Little Book (LB) pages.  Two are from the LB of Peony Promise, the Leopard is from LB of Perfect Planet, and the House is from LB of Memorable Moments.  Here you can see all 4 pages as the came from the sets:


And here's a picture of all 4 cards made from this set:


Now for a closer look at each one:

Card #1:

For this first card, I fussy cut around the house & bushes.  I had expected to use the floral border on the inside, but changed my mind and saved it for something else.  After much trial and error, I decided the green mat with a narrow black mat around the focal worked.  I had the "Happy" flags in my stash, but colored them to coordinate better, then matted them on the same green.  A border of the green (with narrow black mat) and a greeting (with narrow black mat) completes the front of this card.

Card #2:

For this card, I sliced the focal into 3 pieces and put one at the top, one in the middle, and one at the bottom of this card.  I also used my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss some strips of white card stock to go between them.  I considered leaving it at that - even took a picture of it in that state:


But in the end, I wasn't really happy with it.  The touch of silver I added to the finished product made such a difference!  As you can see, I made a silver mat for the focal, and added a couple of silver die cut vines (from 5X7 Card & Box set of dies from Card Making Magic) to complete the look you see in the first picture I posted of this card.

Card #3:

This time I'm working with the LB page from Perfect Planet.  Here is the card as it would be received in the mail.  Since it is an easel card, the card front, including leaf background was scored & folded in the center.  The next layer - the leopard spotted AS (HD Adorable Scoreable card stock) extends just a little beyond that fold (you'll be able to see this more clearly in the next picture.  The LB page was left as it came, but matted with a narrow white mat.  Then I added a sentiment banner that I created (die cut & stenciled using die from JustRite's Vintage Labels & Banners, stamp from Hampton Arts Clear Layer Words.

Here's what it looks like standing as an easel:

Inside:

I discovered that the top strip of the tiger LB page from the same Perfect Planet set shows the leopard!  Since I had a strip leftover that I had cut off when making a tiger card, it was perfect for the inside.  As you can see, I matted it with a narrow white mat before adding to a leftover strip of the leopard print AS.  Another scrap - this time of the leaves - forms the bottom border - with the word "Celebrate" (from my stash) added with foam tape to form a stopper for the easel.

Card #4:


This last card is another from the Little Book (LB) of Peony Promise.  I cut the LB page into 3 separate parts: the corner flowers you see in the lower left corner, the rectangle containing the mason jar - with a few flowers extending, and the sentiment that I saved for the inside of the card.  Using 2 different colors of AS (Adorable Scoreable card stock) that were sold to go with this set, I created a couple of mats (cutting out the centers that would not be seen so I could use them elsewhere).  The die cut sentiment (from Creative Expressions) was cut from the aqua AS that was cut from the center behind the focal.

Inside:

The inside was really simple - a scrap of the aqua AS, and the remaining piece cut from the LB page.

No comments: