Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, November 16, 2022

HD Twilight Under the Sea - Love & Best Fishes

Today I've got 5 cards from the Hunkydory set called Love & Best Fishes - from their Twilight Under the Sea kit.  Here's what the materials looked like in their raw state:

And here's a picture of all 5 cards (oops!  one is upside down!):

Now for a closer look at each card:

Card #1:

What's that mason jar doing there???  Someone must have dropped it!  If you look closely, you can see that it caught a starfish.  Why a mason jar?  It's simply that the card was designed to meet a challenge requiring a mason jar on the page. 

The card started with a slice of one of the AS (adorable scoreable card stock) pieces from the set.  If you look closely, you'll see that I cut the top border off of it and moved it up so we have a white border showing through between.  That's where I put my greetings (the oval is from the set, the "Happy Birthday" is something I created in MS Word some time ago & printed up in different colors.  This color was perfect for this card.  The starfish & other small fish oval were both from the set.  I die cut the mason jar (Stampendous Build A Bouquet die) out of vellum and then added pencil lines for the threads & around the edge of the jar.

Card #2:


This card again started with a piece of AS - this time cut across the top to get most of that cool black scale border on the side.  I cut scraps from the die cut sheet to add borders top & bottom.  Then I added a focal and greeting from the set.  Easy peasy!

Card #3:

Just like the last one, this card has scrap borders top and bottom (from the die cut sheet), but the main background was cut from the 2nd sheet of AS.  I also added a border strip of dark brown with another scrap of the die cut sheet to form a border that the die cut greeting (from the set) sits on.  The focal is "matted" with a circular die cut frame (both from the set).  You may notice that rather than let the circle hang off the edge (because that wouldn't have fit in my envelope!), I cut it and glued it back on itself - kind of a fun look.

Card #4:

This card also comes from the 2nd piece of AS.  I wanted the purple at the top, but since just cutting the AS would have made it too tall, I sliced it and removed some of the blue so that the purple would fit on the card.  This, however, left a line showing - which I hid by creating this large border piece from scraps.  The black was from my stash, the rest was cut from the remnants of the die cut sheet.  The school of fish was a part of the AS background, but I added a die cut frame around them, finishing the front with the die cut sentiment.

Inside:

As you can see, I created a border inside using scraps - including cutting out a heart from scraps of the die cut sheet and cutting out some fish from the left over black border scraps.

Card #5:

The final card from this set starts with the section of the first AS page.  To this I've simply added 3 die cut pieces.  The frame is glued directly to the card front, while the school of fish & sentiment are added with foam tape for a bit of dimension.

No comments: