Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, November 19, 2022

HD Pop-a-Topper - Ladies Choice

Today I have 3 cards made from one sheet of toppers from the Hunkydory Pop-a-Topper Ladies' Choice pad.  

Card #1 (above): The focal on this one is the largest topper from the sheet.  The sentiment is also from the sheet.  Everything else is from my stash - a scrap of light pink, and a scrap of darker pink and two types of washi tape (pink hearts & gold patterned) form the background.  I matted the focal die cut with a white printed vellum and then added that to the card with foam tape.  Finishing touches are little button/cap thingies I got in a swap, and a flower sequin with rhinestone center.

Card #2:

This card makes use of a much smaller die cut for the focal.  I laid the focal behind the square frame that had been turned on its side.  Then I added a rectangular frame (all from the die cut sheet) before backing the turned square with dark pink vellum.  The background is a patterned paper from my stash (from HOTP Finished in a Flash Baby Girl).  So far as the sentiments on the side - the larger one is from this die cut sheet.  The smaller one is from a HD Essential Little Book of Sentiments.

Inside:

Borders on the inside were cut away from a LB page that I used previously (a couple of days ago I think).

Card #3:

I liked this patterned paper for the background, but only had this square piece left over in my stash.  I decided to use two types of tape to form borders on either side of it - first a strip of metallic blue, then the narrow gold-patterned washi tape.  The focal once again started small - had a small frame piece turned & back-filled with blue vellum.  This was then backed with the rectangular frame & half of the remaining sentiment piece from the die cut sheet (to which I added a gold border on the cut side).

Inside:

The other half of the sentiment die cut - again with a narrow gold border added to the cut side - sits on a narrow border of coordinating paper scrap.

No comments: