Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, December 4, 2023

India Scrapbook - first 3 pages

 
YAY!  I'm finally getting this scrapbook made for a trip we made EIGHTEEN years ago!  This post will show the first 3 pages.  Most of the papers used for this scrapbook come from a pack I purchased especially for this scrapbook many years ago - a DCWV Mat Stack called Taj Mahal.  This first page is no different.  I'm not going to call out each page from this mat stack - I'll only note those papers that were NOT from the mat stack.

Page #1 (above): The focal picture for this first page is a map of our travels - with colored lines showing where we went.  As I usually do, I printed the pictures and journaling on my computer.  The Title is a purchased die cut piece.  Tickets and planning printouts are in a hidden pocket behind the page - with hand-lettered labels pointing to them.  I printed several small pictures - of my passport and visa, our luggage, and a syringe.

Page #2:

I found some "jeans-like" paper scraps in my stash and used them for border & mats on the background paper.  Once again, I have a hidden pocket behind the page to hold tickets and the printout from the bank about money we exchanged (necessary in case we wanted to change some of it back into US $ at the end of our trip).  I also added a vellum pocket on the lower left corner with documentation from the YMCA tourist hostel.  I printed the pictures, title, journaling, and embellishments - fussy cutting the embellishments.

Page #3:

As you can probably tell, the background for this page combines identical pages from the first two pages - along with plain blue card stock.  The rest was all printed on my computer - including the title, which I fussy cut before gluing in place.

No comments: