Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, December 31, 2023

December Swaps

Today I have several swap cards.  First up is the standard swap card.  The theme was "anything goes".  The background was a digi-paper.  To this, I added some stamped and die cut deer (Heartfelt Creations Woodsy Critters).  The sentiment was from my stash - matted in white & added with foam tape.  Finally, I added snowflake confetti to complete the card front.

Inside:


A strip of patterned paper from my stash formed a lower border on the inside - along with more stamped/die cut deer.  Finally, I added a stamped message (Crafter's Companion Compendium called Warmest Wishes).

Next up are my Materials Swap Cards - theme was winter and we were to include a specialty paper.

Materials Swap - my materials:

The materials I pulled together started with a sheet of printed mirri card stock from Hunkydory. To this, I added a dark navy card stock, white card stock, white card base, white glimmer paper, foiled acetate die cuts, die cut sentiment (Moonstone Splendid Snowflakes), and star stickers.

My Card:

As you can see, I used the mirri for the background - matting it on white and then navy - cutting them both small enough to leave a narrow white border on the card front.  Next, I created a border from a narrow strip of the mirri, and more white and navy.  I backed the foiled acetate die cuts with white glimmer paper and fussy cut around them before adding them.  I finished the card front using the die cut sentiment and star stickers.

Inside:

Inside I simply added a strip of the mirri for a border.  The stamped message was again created using a stamp from Crafter's Companion Compendium sheet called Warmest Wishes.

Materials Swap - my partner's materials:

I can't believe that I forgot to take the "before" picture of the materials my partner sent me.  Hopefully she'll post one I can use here. Most items, including the paper tole, were from HOTP.

This is the card I made:

I don't know where my brain was when I was making this card, but I got it mostly made & then forgot what I was doing and started trying to meet another challenge & added a couple of elements from my stash - the cream colored ribbon on the border near the bottom (I COULD have just used a strip of the lighter colored patterned paper), and the brad near the top (I could have simply punched a small circle from one of the papers that were sent and used it in the same way). Anyway, the focal is paper tole style with several layers separated by thin foam tape.  All the papers were in the kit that was sent to me - and the metallic blue paper was already embossed.

Inside:


On the inside, I really wanted a lighter color on the inside for writing my message, so added a cream colored sheet from my stash.  The border is from leftovers of the kit sent to me.

No comments: