Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, April 10, 2023

National Parks Scrapbook - Part 2

I loved this background paper that I found for the Great Smokey Mountains NP page - officially page #7 of my book.  And the weathered wood paper I had worked well for matting the picture of the old mill along with the journaling.  The picture and journaling in the upper left corner are standard stickers from the national park.  The trees are stickers from my stash.

Page #8:

I felt that the colors in the pictures required a turquoise and orange background - so I found a good orange, and glued a 5" wide strip of deep turquoise across it's center.  The title panel and jagged edged journaling were from a scrapbook set I purchased at one of the national parks - as were the 2 larger photo stickers at angles at the bottom of the page.  The smaller one in the center top was also a purchased sticker.  The picture & journaling that is framed in dark blue on either side of the jagged edged journaling are also stickers - these being the standard ones for this national park.  The other 4 large photos are indeed mine!  I hadn't realized when taking the picture how badly the shade hid DH, but at least he has proof that he was there! :)

Page #9:

This page combines a lovely background (actually from a Grand Teton NP scrapbook set - but they're right by each other with some of the same forest look.  I used alphabet tiles from my stash to spell out "Yellowstone".  The 4 outer pictures are mine.  The one top/middle is from the standard sticker set - along with the journaling that is right above the word yellowstone.  Between the two is interesting information that I cut from the back of the sticker packaging.  I have a journaling piece I wrote & rpinted out, and then several embellishment pieces from my stash (many from a HOTP set). At the top of the page you will see a pull tab.  I've cut away just a little of the page so you see it clearly.  It is attached to a brochure about hiking the canyon trails in Yellowstone. This fit nicely into an envelope which I glued to the back of the page to hold the brochure.

Here's a picture with the brochure partially pulled out:


Page #10:

I sure wish I had matted the main picture with another layer or two of mats.  I was so concerned about ensuring we could read some of the background page as title - but everything fades into the background more than I would like.  Oh well - too late now.  It's all stuck down and doesn't want to come back up.  The background page & stickers are all from a scrapbook set specifically for the Grand Teton NP.  My journaling - as I often do - was simply printed along with the picture.  I also added a page number in the bottom right corner.  This sis not something I usually do, but since I have a table of contents of sort, I thought it would be good to have page numbers on every other page so they could be found easily.

Page #11:


The background page is, again, from the Grand Teton scrapbook set that I got - the pages certainly work for other national parks too!  I have added very little except matted photos & journaling.  As you can see, I made a vellum envelope to hold the brochure of the area.  The falcon that decorates it is a sticker - as is the title.  The journaling at the bottom was again cut from sticker packaging.  As you can see, I matted most things in black.  Simple, but I like the page.

Page #12:

I forgot to add the page number to this page - better go back and do that!  Anyway, most of this page is our own pictures and my journaling.  The title is repeated several times, but the largest version is on the brochure in the vellum pocket.  The picture on the pocket & the journaling on the large picture are both the basic park stickers.  At the top of the page you'll notice a pull tab.  In the picture below you see the hidden page partly pulled out.  It was taken from a visitor's booklet and I wanted to be able to see both sides of it.  The front talks about it's being a Dark Sky Park - the back lists several "must see" spots and activieis in the park.


No comments: