Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, April 15, 2023

Germany

There were several pictures that I wanted to include on this page, and decided to make use of a "filmstrip" cutting die that I got from somewhere.  It's hard to see in the picture, but the white border at the bottom was embossed using an A2 folder multiple times.  The pictures and journaling were all printed using Microsoft Word.  The title was from an old set of alphabet stickers that have been in my stash for years.  The "Germany" is a dimensional sticker from my stash.  Here are some more pages from Germany.

Pages 2 & 3:

Here's a dual page layout - While it probably doesn't look like it, the background pages are pieced so that I only needed 2 pages - one of the tan print, and one of the striped print.  The tan was cut in half.  The striped was cut in 4ths.  Then they were taped together with the narrow dark blue border strips covering the join.  As you can see, I also used the blue to mat the one photo and create the title.  Below is a closer look at each page.

Page #2:


Page #3:


Pages 4 & 5:

After posting these, I decided I wanted borders between the patterned card stock and the rest, so I went back and added some blue ribbon:


 We can take a closer look at each page below.

Page 4:


After combining two papers for a background for this page, I added the picture (matted in white), the title (stickers - some of them had to be pieced to get all the letters I needed), and printed journaling (I'm not sure why some of the letters disappeared, but I had to do some "fixing".)

Page 5:

This second page makes use of more of the printed card stock as border mat for some of the pictures, and a plain piece of card stock for the background.

No comments: