Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, July 16, 2021

Scenic Christmas Cards

I had created quite a few scenes - stamped & colored them, thinking I'd make a bunch of the partial embossing type of cards - but as usual I got bored before finishing them.  When I sat down to make these two cards, I changed some things up!

Card #1 (above):  Though this focal was circular like the other partial embossing cards, I decided to make it look a bit different.  I was looking at the scene & thought - this would be a perfect scene for inside a window!  So - that's what I did.  

  • Background - simply a piece of silver glitter card stock - with the window cut out of it (Spellbinders Window 2 die - cut out saved for another project sometime in the future).  
  • Window/focal - I cut a second window using the same Window 2 die out of white, taped across the back at the top, and added in the little silver pieces that had been cut from the background.  I used the die again to cut the little piece of window box at the bottom.  The focal picture is one of Mom's stamps.  
  • Sentiment - cut with Spellbinders Happy Holidays die from white card stock
  • Embellishments - Jewel Border Dazzles & Mix'em's Poinsettias Dazzles (HOTP)

Inside:

Inside is pretty straight forward - silver glitter border scraps (cut with Spellbinders Ironworks Accents), Jewel Border dazzles, and a sentiment stamp from Mom's collection.

Card #2:

This card is a bit more like the previous partial embossing ones - but I used a more rectangular scene & opening (once again, the stamps were Mom's - colored with Scroll & Brush Markers & Distress inks - markers were scribbled on craft sheet & then picked up with a water brush.  Distress ink was added with round foam applicator).  I also didn't make it the same way.  After cutting the window with a couple of dies from Fun Stampers Journey's Pierced Rectangles (one die for the piercing, another for the cutting), I used an A2 embossing folder (Darice Snowflake Swirl) to emboss above & below the window - then hit it lightly with a round foam applicator & silver ink.  The sentiment & mat were made using a paper cutter & a tag/label punch from Stamp'n Up.  The sentiment was stamped & heat embossed in silver using a stamp from Mom's collection.  All of this was placed on a card made from some silver linen card stock I had on hand.  The finishing touch was highlights of Sparkle Paint by Spectrum Noir.

Inside:

Inside is VERY straight forward - strips of the silver linen card stock for borders & another stamped message in silver ink (once again, the stamp was from Mom's collection.

No comments: