Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Embossing - two more partial & another faux partial

Card #1 (above): Today I'll start with the faux partial embossed card.  For this one I created a scene within a circle using some of Mom's stamps and colored it using a variety of inks - mostly scroll & brush markers applied with a water brush.  Next, using a circular foam applicator, distress ink, and an acetate stencil I created by die cutting a circle the same size, I inked the edges of the circle.

For the "background" (that is really raised on fun foam and is in the foreground) I cut a piece of card stock the size I wanted, then used the same die used for the acetate stencil & die cut a hole that lined up with the circle picture.  Next, I ran that through my Gemini machine using a 3D folder from Spellbinders called Celtic Weave, before inking it with distress ink.

The border was created using scraps of dark blue, metallic ice blue, and a silver edged ribbon from my stash.  I added a red Jewel Dazzle in the center of the bow to tie in with the ornaments on the tree, and added an ornament-shaped greeting.  For the finishing touch, I used my graduated circle dies (the same size used before and the next size larger) to create a narrow frame from the metallic ice blue card stock that I glued around the focal.

Inside:

For the inside I used more of the Metallic Ice Blue card stock and Spellbinders' Heirloom Legacy 5 x 7 card creator die set to create an ornate frame for the stamped sentiment (Christmas Cheer by HOTP).

Card #2:

Next up is a true partial embossed card front.  The focal was a scene created using stamps from mom's stamp set.  After coloring it with my Scroll and Brush markers and a water brush (scribble marker on mat & pick up color with water brush), I embossed it around it.  I did that by putting the card front into the embossing folder (Darice's 5x7 Damask) and embossing it with my partial embossing template (a piece of chip board cut to 5 x 7 with circle cut out to match the acetate stencil).  The "sandwich" used for my Gemini was (bottom to top): double-sided die plate, plastic shim, embossing folder with cardstock inside, partial embossing template (carefully laid so that the circles lined up) and a regular Gemini clear plastic plate.  Next, I inked  all around the circle - darker at the edges as you can see.

I added a narrow dark blue strip for a border & created the tag you see on top of it.  I started with a white strip of paper and cut one edge with my tag punch from Stampin' Up.  I inked the edges, then stamped the sentiment (another of Mom's stamps).  Next, I took a slightly wider white strip and glued it in place behind it for a mat.  After trimming on the the flat three sides, I fussy cut the punched end - probably could have used the punch, but didn't think about it.  I used a tiny circle punch to punch the inside of the little circle so I could thread some narrow ribbon through it.

Inside:

For the inside I made a border at the bottom with a bigger piece of the dark blue card stock and a narrow piece of white that had the edges inked.  The sentiment, both above and on the border, was from JustRite's Mix and Match Christmas Blessings.

Card #3:

This is another true partial embossed card front.  The focal stamp is one of Mom's - which I stamped a 2nd time & fussy cut for the bird on the border & the bird on the inside of the card.  They were colored with: Scroll & brush markers scribbled on a mat & picked up with a water brush, gold ink pad mashed onto mat & picked up with a water brush, and red Stickles.  Partial embossing was done with a Crafter's Companion embossing folder called Scattered Holly.  After inking it with distress inks, and gluing it to the card, I added red Stickles for the berries throughout & let it dry.  Finally, I added the red strip of card stock & fussy cut bird for the border.

Inside:

A strip of inked embossing (same folder & inks) creates a border at the bottom - where I added my other fussy cut bird.  A stamped message (Mom's stamp) completes the inside.

No comments: