Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, June 2, 2021

HD Paws for Thought - The Cat's Whisker's Part 2

Today I have more cards from Hunkydory's Paws for Thought - The Cat's Whisker's set.  Most of the die cuts were already gone - used on previous cards.  I apparently only got a picture of one of those: here, though there have to have been more of them.  Anyway, I'll call this card #2 since we know I got one previously.  The cards in this post were made with the two pieces of adorable scoreable card stock (AS) from the set - most of which had not been used.  I also used the remaining die cuts and misc die cuts from other sets that were left over.  

Card #2 (above):  This card uses a piece cut from the lower border of the AS - pieced with a narrow strip cut from the upper border.  The focal was printed on the AS.  Dazzles create the greeting and similar stickers form the edging around the card.

Inside:

For the inside, I added a strip of scrap from the die cut sheet that would coordinate fairly well with the card front - and bordered it with more of those stickers used on the card front.

Card #3:

The 2nd piece of AS had this cute little cat on it, so I once again cut it so I had a piece of the top border added to the piece from the bottom border.  This time, after inking the edges, I ran a sheer ribbon across the join, and added a bow, and a sentiment before gluing to the card front.

Inside:

As you can see, I took most of the rest of the borders from this AS sheet to finish the inside of the card.

Card #4:

This card made use of the remaining section of the first AS that still had a border.  As you can see, after rounding the corners, I matted it on gold poster board.  I also added a couple strips of the poster board to enhance the borders & form an anchor for the focal (from another set in this kit).  The sentiment was die cut from the same gold poster board using a die from the Octagon Box Kit from Card Making Magic.

Inside:

Once again I've used a small piece of the gold poster board for the border at the bottom and for the sentiment.  Again, the die was from Card Making Magic - this time the A5 Box Kit.

Card #5:

The background is most of the remaining AS - this time framed with gold poster board (die cut using Spellbinders 5 X 7 Matting Basics). The focal was from another set.but the sentiment border was from this one.  I added a lacy sticker to serve a s a "picture hanger".

Inside:

Leftover strips of AS, die cut sheet scraps, and gold poster board form a border for the inside of the card.


No comments: