Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, September 21, 2020

Tropical Treetops Cards

Today I have 3 cards that were created using a stamp set I got in the card making magazine called "Creative Stamping" Issue 85.  

Card #1 (above): I created the card base from an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of black card stock.  I scored it in half width-wise at 5 1/2", then turned it and scored at 1", 1 1/2", 2", 6 1/2", 7", and 7 1/2" - and creased all score lines.  Turning it back to a portrait position, I cut away the lower right and left sides from the innermost score lines (to leave the middle section which is the inside of the card (see below).  I then took one of the strips I cut away, trimmed it to 1" x 5 1/2" and used that for the cross piece (later I added the stamped/colored/cut out log to this & cut away any visible black on the cross piece).  The paper is a freebie print from Debbi Moore & the rest are stamped, embossed with black powder, colored, & fussy cut from the stamp set.  I colored all with Inktense pencils, and added a bit of additional color with markers.  The log wasn't as long as I wanted, so I used a fine-line pen to draw additional lines to extend it before I colored it.  I also added a small googly eye on the chameleon. The sentiment was stamped using a stamp from the set - then die cut & stenciled using a JustRite die from the set called Antique Labels One.

Inside:

When folded flat, this card is 5 1/2" square.

Card #2:

This card is 4" x 5 1/2" and uses up a scrap of this grassy paper I had in my stash.  Once again I've used stamps from the Tropical Treetops stamp set - heat embossed with clear powder (in the future I think I'll use black!).  The little animal & ants are on a leftover strip of parchment that I had colored with alcohol inks.  The greeting was die cut & stenciled using a JustRite Die from their Vintage Labels Two set and distress ink.  The lemur? meercat? is colored with Inktense pencils & water.  The black and white card stock are from my stash.  

Inside:

Inside I've used more of the grass paper & a North Coast Creations stamp from a set called Floral Sentiments #8.

Card #3:

This card uses two different downloads from Debbi Moore - one for the leaf paper and one for the panda & greeting.  The greeting itself was stamped using a stamp from Tropical Treetops stamp set.  The dark green is a piece of wallpaper from my stash.

Inside:

No comments: