Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Using Up the Bits


Lately I've been trying to learn, after I'm finished making cards, to use up all the little leftover bits and pieces by turning them into tags.  I can't bear to through pretty stuff away, yet my "scraps" bins are getting WAY too full. I find I haven't been using them very much, so as I make more cards, they just get heaped higher and higher!

However, when I went to start making tags with the leftovers from my Meowy Christmas card, I realized that though I didn't have very much of the patterned papers left over, it would STILL take me forever to use it up on little tags.  SO, I decided I needed to make a couple more cards first.  It was a bit of a challenge to figure out how to do that with the little bits I had left.  I added some other cut elements from the Pepple's paper pack and some coordinating scraps in plain & glittered card stock and glimmer paper.  I also used a Hunkydory Tag (2016 Essential Little Book of Christmas Greetings), and some of the twine I had out for use on the tags.  I embossed the red glimmer paper using Cuttlebug's Holly Ribbon 5X7 embossing folder, and "addressed" the post card.  When I determine who this card goes to, I'll put their name on the "naughty/nice" list & fill out the information there. :)

For the inside, I had to get creative again to figure out how to make something interesting with the little bit of remaining scrap I had.  Here's what I ended up with:


That took care of most of the turquoise paper, but I still had more of the mini Christmas elements paper.  Going through my brown scraps, I found the die cut (Spellbinders' Resplendent Rectangles) I hadn't used and decided to use the same die set to cut the patterned paper to fit the center.  I "attached" it with twine to a strip of brown card stock, hoping to make it look like a hanging sign.  I stamped a greeting on a strip of white card stock & created the greeting tag - which I added with foam tape.  A fussy cut stocking from scraps of the patterned paper completed the outside:


For the inside, I used another cut out element from the paper pad - with brown card stock scraps.  I wrote the message with a fine point brown marker, trying to make it look like a child's writing.  Then I added a few "candies" which I cut from scraps of the patterned paper.


Now the scraps were more manageable, but I DID still have enough to make 5 tags:


The center back row is one that has fluffy stuff snow on it, but you can't see that in the picture.  The greetings on the tags in the back row & the larger snow flakes on the one on the right (back row) are all chipboard elements that came in a card making magazine - couldn't tell you which one.  I added some mini-punched snowflakes to the one on the front left.  Stamped sentiments on both of the front tags were from a HOTP bulk set.

No comments: