Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Thanksgiving Cards


Thanksgiving is just around the corner & I needed to get some cards made & sent.  I didn't have much in the way of inspiring stash to use, so decided to use some napkins.   For more info on how to use napkins for card making, check out this post.  You can see a lot of card examples here.

This first card uses a napkin from a set my SIL used to set a table recently.  I was careful to save one because I thought they were so pretty! I simply cut the napkin to size, matted it on paper (to which I added a bit of distress oxide ink to get it the right color!).  I inked the edges, used a punch to round the corners, and added a narrow ribbon before gluing in place.  The sentiment is a die I borrowed from my mother - not sure where she got it.  I cut it 4 times & layered it - top layer for color, next two layers were white card stock for dimension, last layer is brown that I offset a bit for a shadowed effect.

For the inside, I used the same mat paper & ribbon to create a border.  I decorated it by fussy cutting another floral cluster from the napkin.  I finished it by using the same distress oxide ink to stamp a sentiment (JustRite - Autumn Vintage Labels Three).



Next are two cards I made for people who will not be able to join us for Thanksgiving dinner this year.  They are made using the napkins that will grace our table this year.  

For this first one, I glued yellow paper to the card front.  Then, after cutting a narrow strip of the napkin focal, I matted it on embossed brown paper & added it to the card.  Next, I fussy cut some printed leaves & added them in a cluster at the bottom along with a ribbon bow.  The 3 dots in the upper right corner are gold Jewel Dazzles to which I've glued small round brown circles to match the card.


For this last one, I used a metallic golden frame (cut from poster board) to frame the napkin piece.  Then I added a couple of gold Jewel Dazzles (one in the center of the printed ribbon, and one for the dot over the "i" in "Blessings").


No comments: