I love the way this card turned out! The panda is made from suede paper & FlowerSoft, so just begs to be petted! Using the back of the card stock for my extra pieces meant that if the back of the piece was visible, it blended perfectly with the rest of the card.
- 12" x 12" piece of green card stock from DCWV Texture & Finishes stack (used for all but the panda itself (sometimes used the plain white back side of it & inked it).
- Small piece of Black Suede paper from HOTP (big enough to cut out the panda)
- Small piece of cream colored paper (big enough to hold panda)
- Small piece of double-sided adhesive (big enough to hold panda - I used some from Elizabeth Crafts)
- Ivory FlowerSoft
- Very fine white glitter
- 2 dies from Spellbinder's A2 Card Basics A
- 1 die from Spellbinder's Labels Thirty-Two
- "Thank You" stamp from JustRite's Antique Autumn Tags One
- Tea Leaves ink by VersaMagic
- Sponge Dauber
- Printer & Light Box
- Painter's Tape (to hold dies in place - & to hold card in place for printer)
- Sakura Quickie Glue roller ball glue pen
CARD BASE/BACKGROUND: For basics on constructing the card base check out this previous one made using the same measurements. For this card I used card stock from DCWV Texture & Finishes stack for both pieces and cut my openings with a die from A2 Card Basics A. Before joining the two pieces of card stock together, ink the middle of both pieces where they will be visible when the card is opened (using a sponge dauber & ink pad - Tea Leaves by VersaMagic).
FOCAL MAT: Using the reverse side of the rectangular piece that was cut from the "outside" card piece, ink the edges (again with Tea Leaves ink) and attached it to the card as you can see in the picture.
PANDA: Cut the panda from the Black Suede paper - including the eyes & nose. Place the small piece of double-sided adhesive on the small piece of cream colored paper. Smooth in place, then remove backing & add the panda. Fussy cut around the panda and discard the sticky remnants before moving on to the next step. Then, add Ivory FlowerSoft to fill in the white places on the panda - except for the eyes. Use very fine white glitter for the whites of the eyes.
BAMBOO: Cut from the same card stock as used for the card base - using bambo die that comes with Scruffy Panda. Cut some of these into smaller pieces to create the effect shown. To glue these small pieces use Quickie Glue glue pen.
GREETING: On the reverse side of card stock piece that has been cut & embossed with Labels 32 die, stamp "Thank You" using stamp from Antique Autumn Tags One. Ink around the edge.
INSIDE MESSAGE: Cut & emboss a piece of card stock using a die from A2 Card Basics A. Ink the edges. Create your message in a Microsoft Word document (or similar software program) and print it to ensure it is the right size. Place this paper on a light box and arrange your card stock piece on top, looking through to ensure it is lined up the way you want it. Hold it in place with painter's tape (I placed it on my clothing a couple of times to ensure it wouldn't be too hard to remove later) and send it through the printer again so your message is printed on the card. Glue in place as shown (picture doesn't show printed message, but shows where it would be). Finish with a bit more bamboo, prepared as before.
Here's the card closed up and ready to go into the envelope for mailing (it really is rectangular, but was trying to open so looks a bit strange):